Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Beloved Goodbye to Our Carlos De Jesus


It is with much sadness that I am writing this post today. Our dear Carlos De Jesus has passed. To me he was and is an icon. He will always be the voice of radio when I think of music and rockin' tunes! I met him after his NY radio days, actually thanks to Twitter we met a few years ago. Instantly, I was drawn into his music tweets. Eventually we set up this blog. I recall him asking me why we should set up this blog when I suggested it. I told him that he was a presence that needed an internet presence where his friends and fans could locate him on the different venues he posted in social media. He agreed. We put zero advertising on the page to keep it true to it's core, just music, just Carlos. He picked the color and approved the layout. He was specially fond of the poem and never wanted to change it. He's postings became more frequent in facebook thus less postings here other than an occasional playlist or so.

His passion for music was contagious but if you knew Carlos, then you already knew that too! Please join in saying goodbye or if you would like to share a fond memory of you and Carlos, please visit his twitter @carlosdejesus or if you are on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/people/Carlos-De-Jesus/510429688 or at his wake today, Thursday at Funeraria San Camilo at 253 Mt. Prospect Newark, NJ 07104 from 9-11:30 am. then immediatly after Carlos burial will be at St.Raymond Cemetery 2600 Lafayette Avenue Bronx, NY 10465.

RIP My dear Carlos, we will always remember you with love and fondness and with Music.

Abby


Share/Bookmark


0 comments: